2018 Grant Guidelines
The Seeds of Strength Giving Circle is a donor-designated fund of Chisholm Trail Communities Foundation.
Seeds of Strength seeks to enrich the lives of members of our community through grants to nonprofit organizations serving the greater Georgetown area. Our giving addresses diverse needs of the area rather than one particular cause.
Areas of interest include three grant categories: Arts and culture; Community needs that include health and well-being, family and education/financial security; and a new “Seedling” grant category which supports a new start-up nonprofit organization. Requests will be considered for new and ongoing programs and projects, as well as for operational support.
Those organizations serving clients in the GISD (Georgetown Independent School District) attendance area zip codes (78626, 78627, 78628, 78633, 78634, 78673, 78674) that are incorporated in the State of Texas and are tax-exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Service Code are eligible for funding.
The maximum grant that can be requested is $25,000 and the minimum request is $10,000. The number and dollar amount of annual grants will be determined by the size of the membership.
2018 Grant Process – NEW THIS YEAR!
Seeds of Strength has implemented a two phase grants process this year beginning with a Letter of Intent. Those qualified organizations will then be invited to complete a grant application. The LOI (Letter of Intent) documents may be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org after October 2, 2017.
All completed LOI (Letter of Intent) documents must be received via email NO LATER THAN 11:59PM, FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2017.
2018 Grant Schedule:
Funding will not be available for the following:
- Umbrella organizations whose sole purpose is distributing funds to other entities
- Lobbying or political organizations
- Religious organizations serving a singular religious purpose
- Event tickets and event sponsorships
- Organizational endowments
- Deficit reduction
- Annual drives or giving campaigns
- Organizations that discriminate by race, creed, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or national origin
- Seeds of Strength grant recipients that have been funded for two (2) consecutive years must wait one (1) year to apply again.
2018 SEEDS OF STRENGTH
GRANT INFORMATION SESSIONS
Prospective grant applicants are encouraged to attend one of our 2018 Grant Information Sessions. We will focus on specifics of the grant application including new 2018 changes, writing the narrrative and successfully completing the budget. In addition, some helpful tips will be provided.
RSVP online by clicking on the date.
2423 Williams Drive, Suite 101 Georgetown, TX 78628
Space is limited; please register no more than two members of your organization.
Benefits of Attending:
– Sessions attendees may submit additional questions through 01/19/2018
– Sessions attendees will receive Q & A for all questions submitted