Apply for a Grant
2020 Grant Overview
Welcome to Seeds of Strength’s grant application site. Our grantmaking process is the heart of what we do for our community. Thank you for your interest and for all that you do. With the 2021 grant cycle, Seeds of Strength will celebrate 12 years of women coming together through collective giving to benefit the Georgetown community. To date, Seeds of Strength has invested $1,520,988 in 35 different nonprofits serving Georgetown residents. In 2020 we awarded 9 grants totaling $210,000.
Seeds of Strength recognizes the valuable work of the many local nonprofit organizations that address the critical needs and social issues facing our community. To support this work, we annually award grants to nonprofits, providing them with funds to support projects and programs benefiting the residents of Georgetown. Each year Seeds of Strength pools its annual membership donations. In May, those dollars are awarded as community grants based on a democratic selection of grant recipients by the membership.
Our 2020 grant cycle will start accepting Letters of Intent (LOI) from nonprofit agencies on October 1, 2020.
Documents & Resources
The list below shows downloadable versions of documents used in the application process. The actual grant application form is provided only to organizations invited by Seeds of Strength.
Answers to many commonly asked questions can be found on the Grant FAQ Tab below.
2021 Grant Schedule
- Letter of Intent Submission Open – October 1, 2020
- Letter of Intent Information Session – October 14, 2020, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Letters of Intent Due – November 12, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
- Grant Applications by Email Invitation – December 3,2020
- Grant Information Session – January 6, 2021, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Grant Application Due – February 4, 2021 by 5:00 p.m.
- Finalists Announced Mid-April 2021
- Finalists’ Presentations/Grant Making Event – May 2021
Letter of Intent and Grants Process Information Session
October 14, 2020 from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
RSVP is required. Space is limited
Grant Application Information Session
January 6, 2021 from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
RSVP is Required
2010-2020 Grants Areas of Interest
92 Grants = $1,520,988